Global Read Aloud

This term 4T will be participating in the Global Read Aloud (GRA) where classes all over the world connect with each other and discuss their thoughts and predictions about a chosen class novel.

Our book is called ‘The Wild Robot’ by Peter Brown. Watch the trailer below to peak your interest.

What excites you about participating in Global Read Aloud?

What predictions do you have?

HOMEWORK TASK RESPONSES

Made with Padlet

18 Comments on Global Read Aloud

1. Miss D
    October 8, 2017 at 9:27 pm (7 years ago)

Hi 4T,

I’ve so excited that you are going to be reading The Wild Robot for the Global Read Aloud! It’s a fantastic book. Some of the Year 5 students are reading it for Book Chat and really enjoying it.

I look forward to hearing your thoughts!

Miss D.

Reply
  2. Lachlan
    October 9, 2017 at 12:16 am (7 years ago)

Hello Ms T
    I predict that Rov will have to adapt and learn how to live wild.
    What do you predict about the book?

Reply
  3. Edward
    October 9, 2017 at 12:20 am (7 years ago)

I am excited about reading this book becuase it seems very interesting and I may learn something about robots. I wonder if robots can be wild? I predict that the robot will become wild becuase it will be surrounded by nature.

Edward

Reply
  4. tobiecbgs
    October 9, 2017 at 12:21 am (7 years ago)

Dear 4T,
    This topic GRA is cool because we can share your ideas about the book we are reading.
    Something that excites me is that how the monkeys activated the robot and what I predict is that the robot and the monkeys will become friends.

What do you predict will happen?

Happy learning

From Tobie

Reply
  5. isabelcbgs

Hi 4T that trailer really peaked my curiousity! I predict that The Wild Robot will be an exciting adventerous book. I am also curious about what the robot thinks is happening.
    What do you think will happen?
    Bye Isabel

Reply
  6. serenecbgs

Hi 4T,

This book seems very interesting. I can’t wait to read this book! I’m happy to be a part of this event and can’t wait to connect with other schools!

I think the book will be about a robot trying to survive in the wild. He finds things that he’s never seen before and possibly make a friend.

What do you predict?

Bye for now!
    Serene.

Reply
  7. Edward

Hi 4T,

Edward

Reply
  8. millycbgs
    October 9, 2017 at 12:22 am (7 years ago)

Hi 4T,
    Im excited to connect with students from other schools and share our questions and predictions about the book.

I predict that the robot will find that he is not the only robot on the island.

Bye for now Milly

Reply
  9. stephaniecbgs

Hi 4T,
    I am excited to be participating in the GRA this term because we’ll be able to connect with other schools and read an interesting book.

I’m curious about what happens to the robot because it is there all alone. I predict the the robot will need to look after himself and learn how to live by himself.

Why do think we are reading this book?

Bye for now, Steph

Reply
  10. matteo
    October 9, 2017 at 12:23 am (7 years ago)

Hi 4T,
    The thing that exites me about participating in GRA is that we will be reading the same book at the same time as 60 countries all around the world.
    I predict that the robot will not still be alive at the end of the book because it’s not designed to live in the jungle.
    From Matteo

Reply
  11. alicecbgs

Hi 4T,
    I am very happy to be part of the Global Read Aloud coalition. I know that there are over 60 countries participating in this wonderful event but I feel so special and honoured to be part of it.

I am excited about participating in GRA because it is important to connect with others and share all our ideas with people we have not met.
    I predict that the robot will have to survive on its own in the wild.

What do you like about robots and why?
    From Alice

Reply
  12. Sienna

Hi 4T,

Smash! The crate goes everywhere! I just watched The Wild Robot trailer and I iit looks amazing I can’t wait to read the book. We are reading The Wild Robot because year four have the privilege to be the only grade in junior school to be apart of GRA (Global, Reading, Aloud). GRA is a global thing that you read the same book as some schools in our world, so this year the book is called The Wild Robot!

Bey!
    Is your school apart of GRA?

Reply
  13. josephcbgs
    October 9, 2017 at 12:24 am (7 years ago)

Hi 4T,
    GRA sounds so much fun. I can’t wait to interact with students from other countries.

I predict that The Wild Robot will be about a robot who tries to make friends but he can’t because he is wild.

What do you predict the book is about?

Joseph

Reply
  14. eddiecbgs
    October 9, 2017 at 12:25 am (7 years ago)

Hi 4T,

I’m so excited to be doing GRA (Global Read aloud) because we will interacting with students from other countries and schools.

My prediction is the robot will be scared then he will adapt to the environment. Then be able to survive in the wild as a wild robot.

From Eddie

Reply
  15. karacbgs
    October 9, 2017 at 12:26 am (7 years ago)

Hi 4T,
    I hope you enjoyed your holidays!
    I am really excited about partipating in the GRA. More to the point, I am more excited to read the book, The Wild Robot.

I have a prediction that through this event we will get to know lots of things about what other people think differently when reading a book and also how they interperate the same words differently.

What excites you about GRA?
    See you soon,
    Kara.

Reply
  16. oliverlcbgs
    October 9, 2017 at 12:27 am (7 years ago)

Hi 4T,
    I am excited to connect with other schools. I think it’s about a robot who thinks it belongs on the wild but the owners of the robot come and find it. I think the GRA is a great opportunity to read and share.
    Ollie

Reply
  17. ryancbgs
    October 9, 2017 at 12:33 am (7 years ago)

Dear 4T
    I watched the trailer and I was very interested about the book because there are some questions to be answered in the book.

GRA is a event where all the schools read the same book at the same time. I have a question what do you predict will happen in the Wild Robot.

From Ryan

Reply
  18. Leah Annetta
    October 9, 2017 at 5:36 am (7 years ago)

Hi Miss Tirtilas,
    Unfortunately my internet is playing up again so I thought that I could complete the second reading part of the homework this week via comment. I used to think that robots had absolutely no problem imitating humans but now I know that it is almost impossible. I found this out in the article/video titled ” Can a Computer Pass For Human”. I also used to think that the word robot originated from the word robotic’ but now I know that it originated from the word in french roboti that meant labour.
    From Matteo

Reply