4T Community Service

Expert savvy shoppers were the roles that 4T took on at our local supermarket yesterday. Trolley pushers, Expiry date checkers, Price comparers and Budget analysers were some of the others.

4T roamed the aisles on their mission to spend their hard-earned fundraising money on various food items to be donated to the Christmas Hampers for the Salvation Army. Many groups only had 5c or 10c leftover – what careful, yet great budgeting and choosing of items!

4T outside the supermarket

Mid-Shop

4T, leave a comment with what some of the chores were that you completed at home to raise your money and a reflection on yesterday’s shopping trip. 

19 Comments on 4T Community Service

1. avalcbgs
    November 18, 2019 at 9:42 pm (4 years ago)

Hi 4T,
    It looks like the other groups had a lot of fun. I certainly did.

With the $52 that I raised I did a lot of chores. When I went to my grandma and grandpa’s house I raised a lot of money from cleaning the whole house, doing the dishes and cleaning up after dinner. At home I also raised some money by, trimming the hedges for 2 hours and a lemonade stand.

I wonder how you raise normal pocket money at home?
    From your fellow classmate, Ava.

Reply
  2. harveylcbgs
    November 18, 2019 at 9:44 pm (4 years ago)

Hi 4T
    That shopping was so fun.
    I was sick when we had to raise the money but some of the chores I did in the first week when I was ok was feeding my cat and emptied the dishwasher and cooked dinner. When our group went shopping we went a little bit over budget by a few dollars.

What did your group shopped for?

From Harvey

Reply
  3. lizziecbgs

Hey 4T,
    I found this experience very helpful for future shopping purchases. We saved over $27 dollars. We had $132 and we saved $2 for bags. We were told to shop for different things. My group got told to shop for easy meals and sweet treats. Do you know any other companies that help the homeless? Who?

From Lizzie

Reply
  4. sorayacbgs

Hello 4T
    That look so much fun a lots of kids walking around shopping. Doing that was fun and it was for a good cause. The best thing was we could do it by our selfs. The Salvation Army would be very proud on what we did raising money and shopping l hope you had a lots of fun
    All the best -Soraya

Reply
  5. opheliacbgs

Hi 4T
    For my chores I did quite a few jobs on the one day. On the first day we had guests over so I cleaned the front yard,Made the food, Made the beds. The total amount of money I had raised was $30.

How much money did you raise?

Reply
  6. mikkocbgs

Howdy 4T!
    Yesterday was awesome and really exciting. We had to buy foods for the Salvation Army, so they could donate it. Our group had to get Long Life Tins and Breakfasts. This meant we had to get tins that would last long and breakfasts enough for a family. One of the chores I did was cleaning the house and cleaning all the doorknobs, cupboards and lightswitches in my holiday house.
    See you,
    Mikko.

Reply
  7. samocbgs
    November 18, 2019 at 9:45 pm (4 years ago)

Hi 4T,
    Yesterday I had a really fun time at woollies. Some the chores I did was clean my dog do the lane and so much more.It was a great experience going to woollies and get food for people that my not have it.
    Bye 4T .
    What was your favourite part about going shopping.

Reply
  8. arthurcbgs
    November 18, 2019 at 9:46 pm (4 years ago)

Hi 4T,
    When I cut the grass I raised 20 dollars by the way my backyard is MASSIVE!!!!
    The shopping trip was very fun. One of my favourite parts was going on the tram sine I had not being on one for 6 years.
    Bye 4T

Reply
  9. coopercbgs

Hi 4T
    Great post. I really liked the collage of photos. I also really liked doing the actual shopping. On your question some of the chores I did were feed the dog and fish and unpack the dishwasher. I also washed the dishwasher and packed up the balls the my brothers play with. What was you favourite part about going to the shopping market?
    Bye for now, Cooper

Reply
  10. mayacbgs
    November 18, 2019 at 9:47 pm (4 years ago)

Hi 4T,
    Some of my chores to earn the money for the salvos were helping my mum when she was sick or helping my grandma make dinner.

I think this is a great way to make a difference in the world by helping someone else. I couldn’t imagine how it would feel like to not feel happy on Christmas.

What do think about this experience?

Reply
  11. niamhcbgs
    November 18, 2019 at 9:48 pm (4 years ago)

Hi 4T!!
    Some of the chores that I did was wash my mum and dad’s car, play barbies with my 4 year old sister for an hour, brush front and back veranda and my massage job. My massage job is where I give my family massages but no one exept my dad wanted a massage. All together I earned $30 for the Salvos.
    Have you ever raised money for some thing?
    From…
    N
    I
    A
    M
    H

Reply
  12. charlietcbgs

Hi 4T,
    My group raised $98 dollars and I raised $20. I found when we went shopping it was really fun and I liked how we got to negotiate which food we were going to choose and which food we weren’t going to choose. I also liked how it was different to other school projects because you don’t always go to woolies for an excursion! The chores that I did was: do the dishes mow the lawn, feed the dog and walk the dog. I had had a great experience at woolies and a really fun time.
    What food would you by for someone?
    From, Charlie

Reply
  13. audreytcbgs

Howdy 4T!

There were many chores I did, so I could reach $34. I did things like taking the bins in and out, filing, cleaning the driveway and picking up the dog’s poo. It was a lot of work but likely I had enough money to hand in.
    I was the human calculator on the 18th, even though Lizzie actually had the iPad. I was calculating how much we had spend and how much more money we had left.

What are some things you bought?

Reply
  14. olivertcbgs

Hi 4T,
    I like all of the photos that you took and how you laid them out. For my cores I did the dishes, took out the bins and did some work for my mum’s ice-cream shop. Over all I raised $25 and my group raised $98.

By Oliver 🍦

Reply
  15. susiecbgs
    November 18, 2019 at 9:51 pm (4 years ago)

Hi 4T,
    I love your post it’s detailed and has llloooooooooootttssss of pictures. I also like the names that you gave the jobs like trolley pushes or expiry date checkers by the way I was a expiry date checker. I had lots of fun at woollies.
    What was your job and how did you do it?
    From Susie

Reply
  16. jettccbgs

Hi 4T,

I really enjoyed raising the money for the food that went to the Salvation Army. We went camping all of the long weekend which was when we were raising the money but I kinda forgot about it but I made sure as soon as we got back I tried my best in the amount of time I had. I did a lot of cleaning the pool and cleaning all the mirrors, I was sure that cleaning the pool was like having a tree with money that grew on it because there is a big tree that hangs over our pool and drops all of these leaves in it. Sometimes I laughed out loud because I think it looks like a pool cover but let’s get back to the chores. I also did more things like cleaning the toilets and making my sisters bed, but she didn’t pay. I thought it was super fun shopping and I thought that it was fascinating with how much food you could buy with $100 and some groups even had more.

What was your favourite item you got whilst shopping?

Reply
  17. islacbgs
    November 18, 2019 at 9:54 pm (4 years ago)

Hi 4T,
    It’s Isla here. I really enjoyed reading your post because I like how it had lots pictures. Some of the things I did at home to raise money were doing the dishes, putting clothes away and working at my friend Susie’s house. I think my group used our money well. We had to buy sweet treats and drinks.
    What did your group shop for?
    Your fellow classmate, Isla

Reply
  18. mimicbgs
    November 19, 2019 at 1:08 am (4 years ago)

Hi 4T,
    Some of the chores I did was I cleaned out my bedroom, bathroom and project room. This project was hard and not buying anything for ourselves was hard and looking at all the sweets was tempting to buying even if you weren’t meant buy it, but it was fun and I felt looking at all the food knowing that it was going to the right place and it’s for the right cause.
    can you think of another chore?
    Bye and reply soon!

Reply
  19. madisoncbgs
    December 5, 2019 at 10:36 am (4 years ago)

Hello 4T!
    You may not remember me from earlier this year but I am Madi and I used to go to Carey and I was in Mrs Tirtilas’ class but I moved. I’m so sorry I haven’t kept up to date with you. I’ve been real busy and distracted.

I can really relate to this time because I was given an oprtunity to get a phone by doing jobs around the house to earn money and buy my own phone and also pay for the plan. I took the opportunity and I gained. This how you are helping the salvation army. Your hard work is helping them a lot.

I hope next year this wonderful blog will still be here.
    Merry Christmas!
    – Madi

Reply