Welcome Back!

to Term 3!

The 4T students returned to school after a chilly winter break with many holiday stories. Most used the time for relaxation, catching up with friends or even escaping the cold and flying to somewhere warm. 

Once again, Term 3 is packed full of many exciting learning opportunities including:

• Life Ed Van

• Science experiments

• House and Chapel services

• Maths Open Morning
  • ‘Social Justice’ Day

• Mathematics workshops with ‘Professor Maths’
  • Fundraising and shopping for the Salvation Army

• ‘Design Your Own’ Experiment science project

• Visits from science experts and using the senior school science labs

• Father’s Day

• Book Week
  • Visit to Yarralee aged care home

• Meet the Scientist afternoon

It will come as no surprise that 4T will be hitting the ground running and we are jumping straight into some wonderful new topics including division, applying our knowledge of sizzling starts to persuasive writing and our new Integrated topic, ‘Material Matters.’

Tell us about your break and what you are looking forward to this term.

23 Comments on Welcome Back!

1. esthercbgs
    July 16, 2018 at 11:40 pm (6 years ago)

Hi 4T,
    I’m looking forward to our material matters chemistry unit because we get to learn about science. On the break I went to a friends house and we went to bounce. It was so fun and I loved it which I think will be the same with the material matters unit. What do you like about science?
    See you later,
    Esther

Reply
  2. matildacbgs
    July 16, 2018 at 11:42 pm (6 years ago)

Hi 4T,
    I had the best holiday ever! I went to America and
    I saw deer and fawn, fox, baby birds and even Racoons. We did everything from lemonade stands to swimming, picking blue berries to baking. It was the best! and this term I can’t wait for Father’s Day and making our own experiments.
    What was your most exciting thing on the holidays?
    Bye 4T ✋
    Tilly

Reply
  3. alexcbgs
    July 16, 2018 at 11:43 pm (6 years ago)

Hi 4T,
    I was excited when I read your post.

My holidays were a blast! From movies to parties, to Table tennis and more! On the first night, we watched a movie called Garfield. It was hilarious! I watched it about 100 times over.

This term, I am looking forward to the Life Ed Van in week 4 because I usually learn a whole heap from the incursion. I also like seeing Harold the giraffe.

What are you looking forward to in term 3?
    From Alex

Reply
  4. ananyacbgs
    July 16, 2018 at 11:48 pm (6 years ago)

Hi 4T,
    On the holidays I went to clunes and climbed a mountain ⛰ on the top of the mountain there was a big tree were we played 🌳 at the top that you could see from the bottom. I also had two sleep 💤 overs at my friends Joanna and Annelise. At the sleep overs at Annelise’s I played laser tag and watched movies and at Joanna’s I played games with my friends like hide and sleep and monopoly.
    Have you ever gone on a sleep over? What did you do?
    Ananya

Reply
  5. paigecbgs
    July 16, 2018 at 11:50 pm (6 years ago)

Hi 4T,
    On the holidays I went to Adelaide to visit my grandparents and Auntie.

In Adelaide I went to the movies and saw ant man and wasp and the Incredibles 2. I also went swimming about 4 times. Also I went bowling with my aunt and brother. We played 2 games and both times I came 3rd and both times my auntie came second. Both times my brother won.

On the way back from Adelaide there was a computer problem with the plane so we had to get off and then we had to wait for the next plane to come and that took 2 hours. They didn’t even clean the plane before we got on.

I am looking forward to learning about a new topic.

What are looking forward to in term 3?

From Paige

Reply
  6. joannacbgs
    July 16, 2018 at 11:51 pm (6 years ago)

Hello 4T,
    The holiday was amazing! I went to Mt. Bulla (it was snowing), for about 3 hours. The drive there was about 4 hours! On Mt. Bulla, we built a snowman, with my gloves as it’s hands and a carrot nose. I also invited my friends over.

Wow, time pasts so fast! It’s already term 3. Before we know it, it will be term 4! I just know that this term will be full of new learning and wonder.

This term, I’m looking forward to Book chat (because I just love entering the magical world of books), the Life Ed Van (because I want to be a doctor when I grow up) and Father’s Day (because I love my dad).
    I can’t wait for this new term! What are your favourite days of the year?
    Bye for now, Joanna!

Reply
  7. patrickcbgs
    July 16, 2018 at 11:51 pm (6 years ago)

Hi 4T,
    I had an amazing break and lots of exciting events happened.
    To start my holiday I won a game 8-0 and even did my first goalie run.
    Then I went on a hour drive to Sorrento and stayed at my Grandma’s beach house with me, my dog, my mum, my dad, my oldest sister, my other sister and my Grandma. We went to the beach went tree surfing at the Enchanted Gardens.
    When we came back from Sorrento I had another soccer game that we lost. It was really fun because my dad was coaching us because my real coach was staying with his sick mum.
    The rest of my holiday was relaxing and not much else happened.
    I am excited to learn more about science and conduct some science experiments. I am also excited to fundraise and shop for the Salvation Army.
    I hope you had a great holiday like I did. What was your favourite part of your holiday.

Reply
  8. cristianocbgs
    July 16, 2018 at 11:51 pm (6 years ago)

Hi 4T,
    On my amazing holiday I went to warm, hot Italy. I went to many place in not a lot of time but still it was amazing. It was warm in Cinque Terre which in English means 5 towns. I went to all of them by that I mean I went to the beach at every town.
    I’m excited to learn more in the life ed van since we do the program every year. We learn something new, as well as saying hi to Harold. Tell me your favourite thing that you learnt in the life ed van and what you did on your vacation ? From Cristiano.

Reply
  9. maxcbgs
    July 16, 2018 at 11:52 pm (6 years ago)

Hi 4T,
    For my break I first went to a place called the Royal Mail hotel in a country town called dunked we didn’t stay in a hotel but a cottage with a inside fire and some good walking trails. My favourite part was when me and my dad drove to New South Wales to go to a farm called rosewood the owners are called joe and sylvie. My favourite part was when we went for a spotlight to see what we could find we saw kangaroos a wild pig 1 fox and 2 feral cats. The longest day was when we went on a 10 kilometre track to go fencing (fencing is where you build a fence to keep livestock out. It was very fun and I love going to great farms such as rosewood. We also rounded up the sheep on quad bikes and motorbikes we needed to round them up because they got through the fence. The funniest part was when a dog called sook (the sheep dog) started chasing a goat around the old house we were staying in. Joe said sook was chasing the goat because he’s used to rounding them up.
    What did you do in your holiday break?
    From Max.

Reply
  10. aphroditecbgs
    July 16, 2018 at 11:52 pm (6 years ago)

Hi 4T,
    My holidays were really fun. I got to meet some of the ninja warriors at BOUNCE , then I saw some of them on TV .
    I am going to have so much fun this term!
    I’m really looking forward to the sciences visiting Year 4 .
    I’m excited to go to the life ed van , I can’t wait to see Harold again .
    What are you looking forward to in the next nine weeks?
    Aphrodite

Reply
  11. matthewwcbgs
    July 16, 2018 at 11:52 pm (6 years ago)

Hi 4T,
    I went to Penang on the holidays with my Mum’s sister my cousin. In Penang it was like 30 degrees every day. I also watched Ant Man and the Wasp the day before it came out. One of the things I’m looking forward to is Father’s Day and I also want to know what the visit to Yarralee aged care home is. I wish you a very happy Term 3.

Reply
  12. willcbgs
    July 16, 2018 at 11:54 pm (6 years ago)

Hi 4T,
    In the holiday I went to Byron Bay. It was a lot warmer then Melbourne!
    In term 3 I am looking forward to the life ed van because we get to learn different things.
    What did you do on your holidays?
    From Will

Reply
  13. massimocbgs
    July 16, 2018 at 11:54 pm (6 years ago)

Hi 4T,

On the holidays I went to the snow.
    I am excited for the science experiments.
    I wonder what we are going to do.
    From Mass

Reply
  14. morgancbgs
    July 16, 2018 at 11:54 pm (6 years ago)

Hi 4T,
    I am really excited for everything that is coming for term 3 like the life ed van.

On the holidays I went to falls creek or the snow I build snowmans, went skiing and chilled the spa but unfortunately it didn’t snow when we were there but at least we had fun there.

But that’s not it I also went to Newcastle for my brothers ice hockey tournament. But while he was doing his tournament me, mum and dad did some other things like going to the museum that was themed science, drove around the city, went shopping and went whale watching but there were no whales but at least we tried. There were also some bad things about our stay like we stayed at a hotel near the construction and it was loud at night, my brother couldn’t sleep with the noise but I was alright with it.

Well I had a fun holiday going to the snow and Newcastle and speaking of ice hockey what sports do you if not if you were a in the Olympics what sport would you well I can’t wait for these fun events in term 3 bye for now.

From Morgan

Reply
  15. dylancbgs
    July 16, 2018 at 11:56 pm (6 years ago)

Hi 4T!
    In my holiday I did a lot but really not that much. I went to my friends houses and stuff like that but that’s a usual thing to do in the holidays. I also went to Woodend quite a lot. We spent all the time we could on motor bike riding. I learnt how to use the clutch. The clutch is like a brake but it make the gears change. If you don’t do it, it will brake.
    Any way, the thing I’m looking forward to is the all the science thing like making your own experiment and having the incursions.

What are you looking forward to?

Reply
  16. victoriapcbgs
    July 16, 2018 at 11:56 pm (6 years ago)

Hello 4T
    Welcome back. I have had a really nice holiday and l hope that everyone else has a nice holiday too . I am really looking forward to this term and l love science And l can’t wait .I am most excited about the lifed van and all of the incursions and new learning opportunities.What are you most excited about ?
    Tori

Reply
  17. nedjcbgs
    July 16, 2018 at 11:56 pm (6 years ago)

Hi 4T
    On my break I went to Gold Coast and I did a 4KM kids run with a few of my friends. We also went to sea world, wet’en’wild and Movie world. And in Movie world I went on the Scariest and Tallest roller coaster in the Southern Hemisphere.

What did you do on your term break?

Reply
  18. Zac
    July 16, 2018 at 11:56 pm (6 years ago)

Hi 4T,

On the holidays I went to Singapore and stayed at the same hotel that Donald Trump and Kim John un had their meeting and I went to a friends house
    I am looking forward to science experiments and the life ed van

What did you do on the holidays

Reply
  19. hollycbgs
    July 17, 2018 at 12:01 am (6 years ago)

Hi 4T
    This is what I did on my existing holiday. First, l got picked from school and on the way home l saw some buggy’s on the side of the road. l put them in the car and then when we get home we took them to the park and went down the biggest hill there. I was versing Jon going down the hill. My brother Tom timed us.
    I did it and face planted.
    I am looking forward to fathers day to spend more times with my dad and I am looking forward to learning about science because l do not now much about science.

Reply
    • hollycbgs
      July 17, 2018 at 12:04 am (6 years ago)

Hi 4T
      I did it and face planted.
      I am looking forward to fathers day to spend more times with my dad and I am looking forward to learning about science because l do not now much about science.From Holly what did you do on your brak???

Reply
  20. jackcbgs
    July 17, 2018 at 12:02 am (6 years ago)

Hi 4T,
    On my holiday I went to Sydney with my mum and sister. We stayed in Manly which was a bit annoying because every time we wanted to go to the main city we had to catch the ferrie. So when we left the city and went back to Manly we pretty much couldn’t go back and we had to stay in Manly for the rest of the door. We also went as a family to Bear gully to get ready for our five week trip in september where we are going up to Uluru and then turning right and coming back down to Melbourne. On the first night it was so windy it felt like ten men where rocking the caravan and I was the only one who slept through it all on the table bed.

I’m looking forward to Father’s Day because every time it is Mother’s Day dad says next my special day or something like that and it is also around the time of his birthday. So I’m happy that it is nearly his special day. I’m not sure what I want to know about materials.

Where do you think materials come from?
    Bye for now Jack

Reply
  21. madisoncbgs
    July 17, 2018 at 12:34 am (6 years ago)

Hi 4T!
    I have gone to my cousins house and we went ice skating and we played with Boris, Ally’s dog. Ally also did my nails. I didn’t want to go until I heard mum say I was getting my twin bite block. I have it at school today.

Then the next week we went to our poppies house. He and his girlfriend ,Heather, set up and bought some new games for us to play. We really wanted mum so she came a day early. I had a bad dream that made me upset so when I woke up I went into poppies room and I hopped in with them. When Heather got up to go to the toilet I climbed out and hopped back into mums bed ( the room I stayed in was mums old room) . We got to play with walky talkys.

Then on Saturday we were going to go somewhere special and Milana chose a part over Luna Park! So dad said that next time we were definitely going to Luna Park because I didn’t get to go where I wanted.

On Sunday we went tree surfing. We managed to get on all five courses and the giant swing. I went first on the giant swing but it was hard because we were both scared.

On Monday we came to school and found out we were a day early! Then dad picked us up and took us home and then he raced to the airport. We got to do anything, absolutely anything, we wanted. And then mum came home and we spent the rest of the day with her.

I am looking forward to learning about science this term.

What was your holiday like and what are you looking forward to about this term?
    Regards Madi

Reply
  22. amanig20t
    November 6, 2018 at 2:00 pm (5 years ago)

hi 4T
    great posts it was terific
    XD

Reply