Comment Bonanza Month – Over

In Year 4, we called August ‘COMMENT BONANZA MONTH.’

The focus was to teach as many people as they could how to write a great comment and share their learning with their family.
At the beginning of the month we predicted we would receive approximately 50 comments and that we would get many at first and then less towards the end of the month.

WELL, we in fact received 212 comments and were busy feeding our comment monsters almost everyday!

62 Mum and Dad comments
20 Brother and Sister comments
8 Aunties and Uncles comments
2 cousin comments
2 grandparents cookies
6 family friend comments
9 teacher comments
103 blog buddy comments

Have a look at the world map on our sidebar to see where these comments came from.

Here are our Cookie Comment Monsters.

Leave a comment and tell me someone you taught how to write a quality comment.

Fabulous efforts 4T and welcome to Spring!

17 Comments on Comment Bonanza Month – Over

1. matteoa11
    September 5, 2017 at 10:31 pm (7 years ago)

Hi 4T,
    I too really enjoyed Comment Bonanza Month and teaching my family to write a quality comment. I taught my mum and two sisters and I can tell you it was not very easy. I had to correct their format about every two words.
    I am very supprised at the outrageous number of comments we got
    Did you teach anyone in your family? If so tell me who.
    From Matteo

Reply
  2. tobiecbgs
    September 5, 2017 at 10:32 pm (7 years ago)

Dear 4T,
    I was really surprised about how many comments we got and just in the blog buddies. To answer your question I taught mt Mum and my sister but she didn’t write a comment.
    What was the most interesting comment you got?

Happy learning

From Tobie

Reply
  3. Steph
    September 5, 2017 at 10:40 pm (7 years ago)

Hi 4T,
    We got sooo many blog comments! I was really surprised at how many comments that we got from our cousins, because I thought that we would have gotten a lot more than 2 (they were my cousins!). I think we should have gotten alot more than 2 from our cousins.
    I was also surprised at how many comments we got from blog buddies, I thought we would get a lot less!
    I tought my cousin how to write a comment because hapd never done a comment on my blog.
    How many comment did you get?
    From Steph

Reply
  4. eddiecbgs
    September 5, 2017 at 10:43 pm (7 years ago)

To 4T,

What a month predicting for how many comments ,agreeing and teaching your parents, Aunies, uncles, cousins, grandparents and family friends. In total we actually got over 200 comments!!! In total we got 103 blog buddy comments.

From Ed

Reply
  5. serenecbgs
    September 5, 2017 at 10:44 pm (7 years ago)

Hi 4T,

I’m really sad Comment Bonanza Month is over. Congratulations to the three people who got the most comments! Thank you to a classmate for leaving a comment on everyone’s blog.

I taught my mum how to type a great comment. She commented on ‘The Fight Between the Papers’. I estimated I would get 2 BUT I got 6!

How many comments did you get?

Bye for now,
    Serene

Reply
    • Steph
      September 7, 2017 at 11:27 pm (7 years ago)

Hi Serene,
      That’s okay for leaving everyone a comment. I got 19 comments and I think someone got 21 comments!
      Well done on getting six comments, Bobby!

I tought my cousin how to write a comment because she had never wrote a comment on my blog before.
      Who else did you teach?
      Bye for now, Steph.

Reply
  6. emersoncbgs
    September 5, 2017 at 10:47 pm (7 years ago)

Hi 4T
    What a month we had commenting on peoples blogs it was so fun. I taught my mum to do a quality comment on my blog and see did and lots of my friends commented on my blog.

From Emmy

Reply
  7. lachlancbgs
    September 5, 2017 at 10:48 pm (7 years ago)

Hi Ms T,
    I taught my mother and brother how to write a quality comment. looking forward to spring? I thought so. I wonder how many people we would’ve taught if the whole school had a COMMENT BONANZA YEAR! What do you think?

Reply
  8. domcbgs
    September 5, 2017 at 10:49 pm (7 years ago)

Hi there 4T,
    I think Comment Bananza Month was a good idea, getting your auntys, uncles, cousins, grandparents, mums, dads, brothers and sisters plus more. And to get over 200 is amazing!

I taught my mum and sisters how to write a quality comment. One of my sisters at first wrote ” Hi Dom, that was really good!” and finished it there but I was lucky to be there when she was about to press comment.

What was your estimate and why did you think that.

From Dom

Reply
  9. oliverlcbgs
    September 5, 2017 at 10:51 pm (7 years ago)

Hi 4T,
    I really enjoyed Comment Banaza Month. I taught my Dad hoe to do a quality comment. It was really fun listening in the mornings to hear who got comments. I still can’t beleive that we got 103 blog buddy comments and in total we got 212 comments. Some people got lots of comments.
    What was your favourite part of Comment Bonaza Month?

Reply
  10. millycbgs

Hi 4T,
    What a month it was, I really enjoyed it and am sad that it’s over. I enjoyed the challenge of coming home each night and teaching a new person how to right a quality comment.

I am most grateful for my dad because he did majority of my comments. After I taught him he sent emails to my family and then they did comments.

How many comments did you get?

Milly

Reply
  11. Georgia
    September 5, 2017 at 10:55 pm (7 years ago)

Hello 4T,
    I can’t even believe how many comments we got, a speciallly with the blog buddies.
    I liked how in this term we could have something our family and friends can do with us but it is also about learning how to write a great comment. I got eleven comments but I’m pretty sure our highst amout of comments for an individual person was 22! Someone I taught to write a comment was my dad and once he learnt he wrote 4 and I was pretty impressed.
    How many comments did you get?
    Georgia

Reply
  12. Joseph
    September 5, 2017 at 10:57 pm (7 years ago)

Hi 4T,
    Comment bonanza month was the best! I taught my mum howto comment on my blog, but she didnt comment because we had to leave.I think that comment bonanza month was a great opportunity for people to explore our blog.

How many people commented on your blog?

JOSEPH

Reply
  13. elizacbgs
    September 5, 2017 at 11:01 pm (7 years ago)

Hi 4T!
    Wow, we did get a lot of comments, I mean, 212! that’s not what I would call “just a few.” One of the people who I taught how to write a quality comment was my dad.
    Who was the person who LEFT the most comments?
    from Eliza.

Reply
  14. 4dblogging
    September 13, 2017 at 12:58 am (7 years ago)

Hi 4T,

Wow! That’s a lot of comments! I think that the teachers need to pick up their commenting game! I wonder if you have any ideas for how we can encourage teachers to comment on your blogs?

Miss Davidson.

Reply
    • huntercbgs
      September 13, 2017 at 11:18 pm (7 years ago)

Hi 4T

I can’t believe how many comments we got! I could barely count. Maybe we should encourage the teachers to have their own comment bananza month?
      What sould we do to encourage people?

Bye for now
      Hunter

Reply
    • domcbgs
      September 13, 2017 at 11:25 pm (7 years ago)

Hi Miss Davidson,
      We had a comment overload! We definitely had a lot of comments, a lot more than I imagined.

We could make a Comment Bonanza Week for the teachers and the teacher who commented th e most will get 10 house points for their house. That is my suggestion.

If we did The Comment Bonanza Week how well do you think you would do.

From Dom

Reply