What a Week!

To say that this has been a busy week in 4T would be an understatement. 

This would certainly be a very long post if we tried to fill you in on EVERYTHING that we have participated in from dressing up in costumes and science lab gear, to community service, to expert speakers, to sports tryouts…PHEW!
We implore you to hop on to the individual student blogs to read what part of week 6 4T enjoyed the most. 

Some of things you may read about include:

• Book Week activities and ‘Dress Up as your Favourite character’ day.

• Our weekly coding class with Melinda

• Heading over to the Senior School science labs for a lesson with Dr Wetherbee about the properties of metals.

• Community service to help raise money for the Salvation Army which 4T then used to buy toiletries from Chemist Warehouse to be donated to those in need.

• Pulling our lab coats on and beginning to plan our own science experiments in preparation for ‘Meet the Scientist’ afternoon.

• Athletics Trials

• Learning about the properties of glass and glass blowing with Susan.

For someone who is interested in knowing more about one of these activities, what is some advice you wish you had beforehand?

15 Comments on What a Week!

1. Isabel
    August 24, 2017 at 10:39 pm (7 years ago)

Hi 4T
    Wow what a week it was! However it was fun. My favourite activity was Book Week because It was exciting to see what everyones costumes where. My advice for book week is that you shouldn’t wear something that will restrict you from running around and playing.
    Bye From Isabel

Reply
  2. edwardcbgs
    August 24, 2017 at 10:41 pm (7 years ago)

Hi 4T,

For the Book Week I would give someone information about studying your character and what they wear, because you want to be really precise about what your character wears.

I would also raise a lot of money for the Salvation Army. Then you will be able to buy a lot and donate for those in need.

Who did you dess up for Book Week and why?

Edward

Reply
  3. matteoa11
    August 24, 2017 at 10:42 pm (7 years ago)

Hi 4T,
    I liked how you listed all the fun activities we did last week and didn’t leave anything out. I agree. It definitely was a very busy week.
    If you were going to participate in book week I would say your in for alot of fun.
    If you had to go as any other character what would you go as and why?

Reply
  4. tobiecbgs

Dear 4T,
    Unfortunately I was up at Mt Buller and missed the book day but it was fun up at Mt Buller their I came 78th in Ski cross which is like a BMX track and in GS I came 98th and that is where you go around poles.
    What was the funniest activity and why?

Happy learning

From Tobie

Reply
  5. josephcbgs
    August 25, 2017 at 4:21 am (7 years ago)

Hi Miss Tirtillas,
    You right, this weak was chaos. All of the activities were so much fun, such as the book dress up, going to Chemist Warehouse and lots more.

Book week was a blast. There was a parade, so we can show off our costume, I dressed up as the Cat with no Hat, (basically the cat in the hat but with no hat.) If you were to come to boom week I think it is a good idea to go as thing one and get one of your friends to go as ting two.

What was your favourite thing thay happened this week?

Joseph

Reply
  6. Eddie
    August 27, 2017 at 10:56 pm (7 years ago)

Hi miss Tirtilas,
    Here is some advice for book week you should study your character and find out what they wear.

Well anyway now for the fun part A Parade we got to stand out the front in assembly in our house groups. We also did a class photo what a fun week we had I would say best week yet!.

Eddie

Reply
  7. oliverlcbgs
    August 27, 2017 at 11:02 pm (7 years ago)

Hi 4T,

What a week its been. It has been so busy and fun that time has gone by quickly. I’ve enjoyed everything this week especially Book week and when Susan came and talked about glass.

I learnt lots about glass when Susan came. When we came to book week everyone looked so different in there dress ups. Its been a wonderful week and I hope everyone else enjoyed it.
    What was your favourite part of the week?
    Oliver

Reply
  8. lachlancbgs

Hello Ms T,

I have some advice that last year helped me beat Tobie in the 700m run. The trick is to run like a dog (on your tippy toes) High knees. Long before the race, I had an epiphany, I hypothesised that the reason why dogs run faster than humans is because they don’t ankle that slaps the ground when they take a step.

What do you think of my Epiphany?

Reply
  9. miacbgs
    August 27, 2017 at 11:05 pm (7 years ago)

Hi 4T
    Wow! What a week it was. So many things on. My favourite activity was book day. You had to dress up as your favourite character from a book. I was very excited to see what everyone dressed up as.
    There was a parade in side metcalf hall and we got to stand on the stage and got to show our costumes to everyone.
    Bye from Mia

Reply
  10. emersoncbgs
    August 27, 2017 at 11:08 pm (7 years ago)

Hi 4T
    What week we had doing all of the activities we did Like book week, Dr Wetherbee, Athletics Trials, coding class and salvation army. My favourite activity we did was Athletics trials because it was so fun doing all the races and others activities. Also i liked book week because it was so fun dressing up as our favourite book.
    What was your favourite activity?
    From Emmy

Reply
  11. domcbgs

Hi 4T,
    What a week! Unfortunately I was sick and couldn’t do anything fun. But I revied quickly.

If I had to give someone advice for the athletic trials I would say ” Don’t worry, it will be fun! And you should see if you could sign up for another activitie, because I didn’t but I wanted to,”.

How did you feel when you saw everyone in costumes on Book week?

From Dom,

Reply
  12. huntercbgs
    August 27, 2017 at 11:10 pm (7 years ago)

Hi Miss Tirtillas

It was a blast of a week and I’m sure you are very tired. What was your favourite activity out of them all. I liked the glass blowing best. Try making a suit that’s easy to move in for book week.

Bye for now
    Hunter

Reply
  13. stephaniecbgs
    August 27, 2017 at 11:14 pm (7 years ago)

Hi 4T,
    This was such a jam-packed week! I never knew we had this much on!

Some advise for you in athletics is that, you should always know what events you’re in because in some events you had to sign up beacause there are so many people that wants to do that event. In some events you can just come even if you didn’t sign up for that event.
    Also it doesn’t matter if you don’t win, just have a go, it’s really fun!
    If you went to athletics, what was your favourite sport, why? If you didn’t go, why?

Bye for now, Steph

Reply
  14. alicecbgs
    August 27, 2017 at 11:15 pm (7 years ago)

Hi 4T,
    What a week indeed! We have learnt so much from all the fun experiences we’ve had. I’ve loved every minute of it.

Some advice that I would give to people doing these things in the future is that when you do your experiment that you share around the materials to get from home. Also you need to make sure that everybody has materials that they can actually get from home.

What experiment would you do and what property would you test (eg.Strength, Elasticity etc.)? Why?
    From Alice

Reply
  15. Kara
    August 28, 2017 at 8:36 am (7 years ago)

Hi 4T,
    You must have not been able to open an eyelid as soon as you got home on Friday!
    I really enjoyed athletics trials because it was really fun. It was fun as we could talk with our friends, help set up the activities, encourage others and fill someone’s bucket when they thought they didn’t do well while we are waiting for our activity to be called so we can participate.

What was your favourite activity?

Reply