#GRAWildRobot Reflection

Well, that’s it. We have come to the end of our first ever Global Read Aloud. This book made us laugh, almost cry, question characters’ actions, and link the themes with real world events.

Read the statement below and leave a comment with your thoughts about one of the key themes in the book – CHANGE.

‘Conflict can be a catalyst to cause a character to change and adapt. Think about Roz across the story of the Wild Robot. What incidents have caused her to change Pick one incident and explain how Roz changed, explain why it caused her to change.’

26 Comments on #GRAWildRobot Reflection

1. Lachlan
    November 28, 2017 at 11:59 pm (6 years ago)

Hi Ms Tirtilas

I loved The Wild Robot because I really like robots. From what I’ve heard about Roz, I’m pretty sure that Roz is a solar powered Omnidroid. I predict that the Wildest Robot (sequel), it’s all about Roz getting fixed, escaping and getting back home. What do you predict?

Reply
  2. serenecbgs
    November 29, 2017 at 12:06 am (6 years ago)

Dear 4T,

Roz changed a lot by just looking at other wild animals climb, act ect. Taking in Brightbill changed how she cared for other people because she wanted Brightbill to survive. By doing that, it caused her to have feelings and get emotional.

What was your favourite part of the book and why?

Serene.

Reply
  3. huntercbgs
    November 29, 2017 at 12:08 am (6 years ago)

Hi 4T

I think that Roz changed when she killed brightbill’s parents and siblings. She had to care for brightbill for the rest of the book. What do you think she changed the most?

Bye for now
    Hunter

Reply
  4. domcbgs

Hello 4T,
    It is really sad that The Wild Robot is ended, It was the. best book I have read.

I think the last few chapters were sad and annoying because all the animals were injured, Roz had lost her limbs and the R.E.C.Os destroyed the island. It was annoying because the whole book was good and the ending is just she leaves and then *THE END*.

When she realised that if she talks nice and with meaning she changed a lot. When she was talking to the O Possum I felt like she wasn’t the first Roz from the start and she kept talking like that for the rest of the book.

How did you think about the whole book?

From Dom

Reply
  5. josephcbgs
    November 29, 2017 at 12:10 am (6 years ago)

Hi 4T,
    I think that Roz has changed from the animals point of view. They thought that Roz was a monster, but as the story past they thought tnat Roz was their hero because he had done many things for them.

What character strengths do you think Roz has, and why?

Joseph

Reply
  6. edwardcbgs

Hi 4T,
    I think that Roz changed when she disguised herself as different things. Like when she was trying to get away from the bears she disguised herself and was camouflage so the bears couldn’t find her. She also changed when she learnt the animals’ languages and the animals didn’t think she was a monster, in fact they even became friends with her.

Reply
  7. alicecbgs
    November 29, 2017 at 12:13 am (6 years ago)

Hi 4T,
    I really enjoyed reading the Wild Robot because it was a really interesting story that told a tale about love and adaption.

An incident that caused Roz to change was when she adopted Brightbill. This changed her by learning mothership and unity with her son and all the other animals. She also learnt how to gain trust and friendship with the Opossum, the other geese and every other animal on the island.

Do you think that there will be a sequel to this story? What do think it will be called and why?
    From Alice 4T

Reply
  8. matteoa11
    November 29, 2017 at 12:14 am (6 years ago)

Hi 4T,
    As of just finishing The Wild robot I think that there will be a sequel because they really left the door of opportunity open by planning what to do. The incident that I think changed Roz the most was when she fell off the cliff and killed brightbill’s parents. After that, Roz developed more motherly traits because she had to take care of a baby goose. I think this also changed Roz because it made most of the animals want to help Roz and not just cower in fear. I think The Wild Robot had a deeper meaning to do with people being racist.
    What was your favourite part of the wild robot?
    From Matteo

Reply
  9. tobiecbgs
    November 29, 2017 at 12:15 am (6 years ago)

Hi 4T,
    The end of the Wild Robot was sad because Roz said that he/she is going back to the factory but hopefully there is another book and Roz can find away to get back to Bright Bill. A key thing that I thought changed Roz was when she lost all of her limbs after fighting Reco 1 which change how Roz couldn’t walk
    Do your have another opinion or do you agree and why?

Happy Reading

From Tobie

Reply
  10. douglascbgs

When roz killed the gose family and adopted brightbill it changed the animals because they expected her and did not call her a monster.

Reply
  11. stephaniecbgs
    November 29, 2017 at 12:16 am (6 years ago)

Hi 4T,
    This was a really great class novel because there were cliff hangers and funny moments.
    An incident that happened to Roz is when the RICO’s came and tried to take her back to the factory. They destroyed Roz’s legs and made a great big hole right in the middle of her body. Ros had changed because she couldn’t walk as well anymore.

She also changed because at the start, all the animals thought that she was a monster but once they got to know her, Roz was their hero because she did many good things for them. Roz saved the gosling and made all the animals not hunt each other.
    How else has Roz changed throughout the book?
    From Steph

Reply
  12. josephcbgs

Hi 4T,
    I think that Roz has changed from the animals point of view.They thought that Roz was a monster, but as the story past they thought tnat Roz was their hero because she had done many things for them, such as saving the baby bunny from the burning lodge. There was also another time were Roz took the little goosling as an orphan.

Joseph

Reply
  13. Ryan

Dear 4T
    Roz changed when she saw the stick insect hide upon all the sticks. She learned how to camouflage from that experience.

She learned how to survive by blending in with plants and various objects such as rocks and bushes and the skill has even helped her fight the R.E.K.O’s.

From Ryan

Reply
  14. karacbgs
    November 29, 2017 at 12:17 am (6 years ago)

Hi 4T,
    I loved the book the Wild Robot. I think an incident that changed Roz was when she broke the nest. This is because she had to take care of Brightbill which changed what she did by teaching him how to fly and swim, how she talked because at first she was talking like a robot and in the end she sounded like a caring mother and didn’t give much evidence that she was still a robot.

Who was your favourite character and why?
    See you later,
    Kara

Reply
  15. Lachlan

Hi Ms Tirtilas,

My incident is the rock climbing accident because Roz had to adapt and take care of the gosling. It caused Roz to change the way she takes care of not just the island, but herself aswell. What do YOU think?

Reply
  16. Georgia
    November 29, 2017 at 12:18 am (6 years ago)

Hello 4T,
    I loved The Wild Robot and yes how it was sad and happy. Something that made Roz change is how she acserdently killed Bright Bills parents, because if she didn’t then she wouldn’t of made people like her or mack friend and even belive in herself. Not only did it change her it changed her life so that would be one of the biggest changes in the book.

What was your favourite animal not including Bright Bill?

Reply
  17. tobiecbgs

Hi 4T,
    The end of the Wild Robot was sad because Roz said that he/she is going back to the factory but hopefully there is another book and Roz can find away to get back to Bright Bill. A key thing that I thought changed Roz was when she lost all of her limbs after fighting Reco 1 which change how Roz couldn’t walk and how Roz couldn’t fight back but luckily the animal were on her/his side.

Happy Reading

From Tobie

Reply
  18. brodencbgs

Hi 4T

I thought Roz had a massive change, through adapting to artificial intelligence. I thought each time she thought she became wilder. Another lot change was when she started helping the animals, whenever they called her monster she helped them.(I wouldn’t help em if they called me “monster”)

I remember when the goslings mother died, and roz wanted to look after the gosling, that changed her passion.

Bye 4T

Broden

Reply
  19. douglascbgs
    November 29, 2017 at 12:19 am (6 years ago)

hi 4t this is an example of When roz killed the gose family and adopted brightbill it changed the animals because they expected her. by Dougie

Reply
  20. miacbgs

Hi 4T,
    A catalyst of change is when Roz fell down the mountain and landed on the geese and killing all of them but one. This is a change because Roz has learnt how to be caring.
    She became very responsible for brightbill and herself.
    By Mia 4T

Reply
  21. Isabel
    November 29, 2017 at 12:20 am (6 years ago)

Hi 4T,
    I loved the book Wild Robot through the heartbreaking moments and the heartwarming moments. Roz changed alot when she made mistakes. For example she clung on to a rock mountain and killed two geese who were parents to a little gosling. However roz took care of that little gosling who happened to be a runt of the flock. And on that fateful day roz became not a just a robot but a mother.

Reply
  22. millycbgs
    November 29, 2017 at 12:21 am (6 years ago)

Hi 4T,

A catalyst of change is when Roz fell down the mountain and landed on the geese killing them all but one, Brightbill. This is change because Roz has learnt how to be caring and loving, she became responsible for not only Brightbill and herself but the whole island! When Roz first arrived she was seen as a monster but now the animals risked their lives for her.

What was your favourite part of The Wild Robot?

Bye for now,

Milly

Reply
  23. emersoncbgs

Hi 4T

A catalyst of change is when Roz fell down the mountain and landed
    to the geese all but one brightbill. This is change because Roz learn
    how to be loving and caring and she cared for brightbill she cared
    for all the animals and for the Wild.

What do you think is a change in the wild robot
    From Emmy

Reply
  24. elizacbgs
    November 29, 2017 at 12:22 am (6 years ago)

Hi 4T!
    A key moment of change for rozm unit 7164 was when she met the opossum near the start. It changed her thinking about how she should act and how pretending could help her to survive on the island.

how else has Roz changed throughout the book?

from Eliza

Reply
  25. Ava
    November 29, 2017 at 12:31 am (6 years ago)

Hi 4T,
    I loved the Wild Robot because when Roz chaged alot it made the story even better. For example when she had to become a mother for a baby gosling called brightbill. She is A heartwarming robot and can make a change to anything.

Reply
  26. oliverlcbgs
    November 29, 2017 at 3:43 am (6 years ago)

Hi 4T!

I think that Roz changed when she had one leg becuase the animals helped her make a new leg. Roz helped the animals and the animals changed the story because when the Rekos came looking they helped hide her.
    Oliver

Reply